As creators of animated logos, we often have to start our process by explaining to a client what an animated logo is.
Let’s use this post to answer that very question.
Every business has a logo which helps to form their brand. Your business logo has many functions. It:
- Is the face of your business
- Creates that first impression
- Communicates your values and may visualise your products and services.
- Helps people remember your business.
In most cases, a professional graphic designer or branding company will have created your logo for you.
When they completed it they will have given you the image files of the logo – usually in a JPEG or PNG format. This image is the static image format of your logo.
You can then use your logo to brand your marketing materials. For example, business cards, stationary, websites, banners and brochures.
All these materials are print based materials and have their place in your business.
But today we live in a digital world. And a digital world needs digital marketing approaches. Using video, on-line advertising campaigns and much more. To brand these digital marketing approaches, we recommend using an animated logo.
An animated logo is what it sounds like: a moving video of your logo. We take the graphic file in vector format and make each element of the logo move.
Let’s take our logo as an example. Here’s the static logo.
- There’s the company name– Eight Interactive.
- Brand colours.
- And the following design elements.
- The dot over the I is in fact a play button. We make videos, so that symbol is a unique icon.
- We also create online courses, and in those a learner may navigate the content. So, the design of the letters A and V gives the impression of forward and back arrows.
- And finally, there is the letter G. This letter resembles the number 8 and also represents a person. As people are at the heart of what we do, the design of the G is a perfect representation of the people concept.
So that’s the idea behind the logo design.
Our animated logo
Now when we animate the logo we can see how it moves.
- The play button is first and uses a click sound effect
- Then the word Eight moves and animates across the screen
- The word Interactive is next. Within this the A and V letters animate up and down to focus your eye on the word.
- We have used a digital sound effect throughout. Because we make digital content it’s appropriate to use a sound that represents our products and services.
You can see from our logo how effective the animated logo is. It communicates so much more than simply the company name and corporate colours.
What about your business? Do you have an animated logo? No? Then contact us to talk about how we can help.